The Orenda Calculator™
Orenda's Tool to Rule Your Pool
The colors of the LSI
What the colors mean on the Orenda App
At the bottom of the Orenda App, the LSI number can be four different colors. From high-LSI to low:
- (> +0.30) PURPLE means your water is over-saturated with CaCO3. This is scale-forming water.
- (0.00 - +0.30) GREEN is ideal LSI balance. This should be the target range.
- (-0.30 - -0.01) YELLOW is acceptable, but not desired. You're close to balance, but not quite there.
- (< -0.30) RED is aggressive water that will etch cement and damage equipment. The lower, the worse!
- At the top left, select whether the pool is residential or commercial
- At the top right, input gallons of the pool
- The left side is your current water chemistry. Test your water and adjust each item with the +/- buttons on the sides, or by tapping the number and typing manually.
- The right side is your desired water chemistry. Each number can be adjusted the same way as the left side.
- The goal is to adjust the right side to an LSI value as close to zero (0.00) as possible.
- Be sure your right side (desired water chemistry) is realistic, based on your current water chemistry. For example, dropping the pH while also trying to raise Alkalinity will be counter-productive.
- The Langelier Saturation Index (LSI) value adjusts automatically as you work. The color will be GREEN when the LSI is in the ideal range.
- When the right side has an LSI value that works for you, tap GET DOSAGE at the bottom.
- The results page will appear with two chlorine options for Calcium Hypochlorite and Liquid Bleach. Use one or the other, not both. If you use Trichlor or a different type of chlorine, this calculator does not include dosing for it, so adjust as necessary on your own.
- Below the standard chemicals are Orenda products and how to dose them. If you do not use Orenda products, these can be ignored. they will not impact your LSI score.