SPA-500 is a concentrated, enzyme scrub for spa and hot tub systems. This may be the most unique of all the Orenda Products, because it is not intended for use with bathers in the water.
SPA-500 is a powerful scrubbing formula designed to clean the spa and its internal system (pipes, jets, etc.). It helps flush non-living organics out of the system for removal when draining. Follow directions on the bottle for a deep clean before draining and refilling your spa. SPA-500 includes our trademark CV-600 enzymes to break down and digest non-living organic waste, leaving your system extra clean for refilling.
- Shake the bottle well before adding.
- Remove the filter from the system and clean it separately.
- Turn on the Spa/Hot Tub circulation and jets
- Pour SPA-500 directly into the body of water (8oz. per 500 gallons of water).
- Run system with all jets/pumps turned on for 5-10 minutes.
- After 5-10 minutes, turn the system off for another 5-10 minutes.
- After being off for 5-10 minutes, turn the whole system back on for another 5-10 minutes.
- After 5-10 minutes of the whole system running, turn the system off and drain the water from the Spa/Hot Tub.
- While draining the spa, thoroughly rinse the shell and run a water hose through the skimmer/suction line.
- After Spa/Hot Tub has been completely drained:
- Reinstall cleaned filter
- Refill with fresh water
- Adjust chemistry to Spa/Hot Tub manufacturer’s specifications. You can use the Orenda App to help with this!